Monday, November 23, 2009

SPCC #25

Good Afternoon all -

Here is my card for Scrapmasters Paradise Color Challenge this week. Here are the colors - just perfect for Christmas time:
and here is my card:
This is a fun gift card holder (gift card inserts behind the hunter green cardstock). This card was created with the Christmas Punch and Patterned Pines stamp set. Even though the trees come all on one stamp, this is a very versatile stamp. In fact, on most stamp sets you can create so much by eliminating part of the image - you produce a whole different look. Also - use multiple colors on an image as I did on the label above. The markers are fantastic for that.

One tip that has worked great for me - I'm moving in a week and I need to chose my stamping items carefully that will be with me for the next three weeks - I have 30 lbs to play with and limited space. I'm choosing all of my markers and a few of my favorite stamp pads. If I want a color, I have it in my markers for much less weight and space. I can have all colors neatly in a ziploc bag and not a ton of stamp pads strewn throughout my luggage. Gotta love my markers!!!

Ciao

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous job on the card! Great idea to just take your markers instead of rying to lug around all your stamp pads. Good luck with the move.

    Melisa-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the move!! Beautiful GC holder - the trees are totally cute!

    Deanne - SPCC {Diva}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kelly, I just saw your blog design on VK Designs. I too am waiting for my design (almost at the top). But, what I wanted to say is that I am a stamper from Surprise, Arizona. Love the blinkie {smiling}. Write me and tell me more about yourself.

    http://susie-paperpunchscissors.blogspot.com
    susie.lessard@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my site!!

I recently moved to Arizona a couple months ago, and am very happily settling into a new career. I was introduced to stamping over 10 years ago. I've always been into crafts, and picked back up with stamping a couple years ago. I love that I finally have the time to dedicate to my crafts, and that I'm able to share my ideas with everyone. I've seen myself grow in my creativity over the past couple years, and to those who say that they are not creative - don't believe it. Anyone can do this, and creativity doesn't happen overnight, it evolves as you learn more and more about the art of stamping. My husband is incredibly supportive as I put more time into my stamp designs and my scrapbooking.