Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dresser before and after....

I moved to Arizona at the end of June, and I was using one drawer of my husbands bureau, and keeping the rest of my clothes in the closet. I was feeling a bit lost without a dresser. I had never redone a piece of furniture before, but I wanted to give it a try. I found this fantastic dresser at a consignment shop in Bisbee, AZ. I love so much of their stuff there, and could go crazy sanding and painting furniture, but I have no where to put it!! Here is the before picture:

After a little bit of sanding and filling a few areas, and a really good washing, I painted it a blue color, and added new knobs. Here is the after:

I couldn't be happier with it. You can't tell from the picture, but I did a faux denim finish on it, so the brushstrokes show, but it's intentional. You can see the white primer underneath in many places, but it looks very natural. I love it love it love it!!!
Have a great evening!!!

1 comment:

  1. It turned out perfectly.
    Doesn't it give you a sense of pride redoing a piece like this.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my site!!

I recently moved to Arizona a couple months ago, and am very happily settling into a new career. I was introduced to stamping over 10 years ago. I've always been into crafts, and picked back up with stamping a couple years ago. I love that I finally have the time to dedicate to my crafts, and that I'm able to share my ideas with everyone. I've seen myself grow in my creativity over the past couple years, and to those who say that they are not creative - don't believe it. Anyone can do this, and creativity doesn't happen overnight, it evolves as you learn more and more about the art of stamping. My husband is incredibly supportive as I put more time into my stamp designs and my scrapbooking.