Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Learn Something New Day 4-6

Happy Wednesday!!!

I'm a bit behind on posting these. Below are my day 4, 5, and 6 for Shimelle's Learn Something New class. I'm having a ton of fun with this class, and using up alot of my stash. I've been pushing a little outside my norm with these pages (small pages equals easy to fill), and I'm working to translate this to my 12 x 12 pages.
This is my day 4 post. Today is a funny lesson. My hubby and I were at the Chili festival in New Mexico this weekend, and it turned out to be on a dirt lot. He looks at me and remarks that he shouldn't have worn his 'city' shoes. Well, first of all I didn't know that he owned a pair of city shoes (pictured in the page above), and second of all, I don't know what you would call a pair of city shoes (maybe my knee hi boots??). I went a little eyelet and rick rack crazy on this layout, but it works for me.
My lesson for 5 September - Sometimes you just need a break from the routine - time to relax and do something for yourself. This is a lesson for me about taking time from cleaning house or going to the gym, or anything else that I don't want to 100 percent do, and take time for a nap, or time to scrapbook and stamp, or do my other crafts. Used up two tags on this one. I stamped the top tag with a striped stamp I have, and the other tag is from a tag set that I really want to get used up.
Last one to share with you today. Lets just say I was a little frustrated with this lesson -replacing a toilet on my birthday :) The lesson was - 'Don't push down on the toilet until the screws are lined up - if you do, you've just earned yourself another trip to Home Depot.' Ok, so my hubby and I earned a trip to Home Depot courtesy of me. Who knew that when I stood up, I couldn't put any pressure on the toilet...doh!! I've had the green buckle on the bottom forever. It was part of a set on clearance (so of course I had to buy), and I just haven't used it. Well, the pieces that go with it are in my pile of things to get used up on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my site!!

I recently moved to Arizona a couple months ago, and am very happily settling into a new career. I was introduced to stamping over 10 years ago. I've always been into crafts, and picked back up with stamping a couple years ago. I love that I finally have the time to dedicate to my crafts, and that I'm able to share my ideas with everyone. I've seen myself grow in my creativity over the past couple years, and to those who say that they are not creative - don't believe it. Anyone can do this, and creativity doesn't happen overnight, it evolves as you learn more and more about the art of stamping. My husband is incredibly supportive as I put more time into my stamp designs and my scrapbooking.