Friday, August 28, 2009

Catching up on Cards

I've been intending to post several cards for awhile, and I finally have time. It's an overcast day outside and about to rain. What a perfect time to spend on my laptop sharing some great cards with you all. So here you go:

Red Rose Flower:

This card was made with Ruby Red cardstock, accented with Close to Cocoa cardstock, with the image stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock. The striped paper is from a retired DSP set.

I used the large flower from the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set. I stamped the image directly on the Ruby Red cardstock with Ruby Red Ink. I randomly placed two images of this on the background, just to break up the solid red. Inking the same color on the cardstock gives a subtle image, but does not overpower the main stamped image. To get the main flower, I stamped the flower on Very Vanilla cardstock using Ruby Red ink. I then cut the flower out, getting as close to the edges of the flower as possible. It can be tedious, but definitely worth the end result. The flower was put on the card with a stampin dimensional to make the flower standout just a little bit more.

Lots of Trees:
I love this stamp set so much, and it's such an easy set to use. This card is made with Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, and Whisper White cardstock. I used a retired DSP for the background.

The images are from the Trendy Trees stamp set and were stamped using Not Quite Navy ink for the trunk of the trees, and Baja Breeze ink for the bush part of the tree. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the trees. This tool is a must with this stamp set!!

I accented the card with 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon wrapped around the entire card, and 2 jumbo brads in the lower corner.

Happy Birthday!
I made this card a couple months ago, and it's still one that I really like. This card used Baja Breeze and Very Vanilla cardstock, and retired DSP. The package images are from teh stamp set Big Bold Birthday, and the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment is from the 'Voila' stamp set. All images were stamped using Not Quite Navy ink. The card was finished with an eyelet on either side of the card.

1 comment:

  1. Love your cards, especially the Red Rose. I often find it hard to use Ruby Red without it looking Christmassy! You have certainly achieved an elegant card that does not bring Christmas memories.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my site!!

I recently moved to Arizona a couple months ago, and am very happily settling into a new career. I was introduced to stamping over 10 years ago. I've always been into crafts, and picked back up with stamping a couple years ago. I love that I finally have the time to dedicate to my crafts, and that I'm able to share my ideas with everyone. I've seen myself grow in my creativity over the past couple years, and to those who say that they are not creative - don't believe it. Anyone can do this, and creativity doesn't happen overnight, it evolves as you learn more and more about the art of stamping. My husband is incredibly supportive as I put more time into my stamp designs and my scrapbooking.