Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mojo Monday turns 100 - Day 4

Here is Thursdays Mojo Monday turns 100 challenge:
And here is my version of the sketch:

Today was all about layers for me. I'm also going through a stage where I want to use stitching on my cards. I used all retired Stampin' Up product on this card. A little early for holiday cards, but it's never too early to start on holiday cards!!

I used Dashing DSP, and coordinated with Real Red, Ruby Red, Old Olive, and Certainly Celery cardstock. I used my sewing machine to create the zig zag stitches seen in the background.

The santa image is from the 'Its Snow Time' stamp set. I stamped the image and cut it out using the Scallop Circle punch. To color the santa, I grabbed color from the Ruby Red wonder crayon using the aqua painter and painted the red, just like using water color paint. To color in the 'ho ho ho ho', I used a black stampin marker.

I topped the card off with certainly celery ribbon, and a red button from the retired button bouquet set. Glue dots worked perfectly to adhere these two things to the card.

3 comments:

Welcome to my site!!

I recently moved to Arizona a couple months ago, and am very happily settling into a new career. I was introduced to stamping over 10 years ago. I've always been into crafts, and picked back up with stamping a couple years ago. I love that I finally have the time to dedicate to my crafts, and that I'm able to share my ideas with everyone. I've seen myself grow in my creativity over the past couple years, and to those who say that they are not creative - don't believe it. Anyone can do this, and creativity doesn't happen overnight, it evolves as you learn more and more about the art of stamping. My husband is incredibly supportive as I put more time into my stamp designs and my scrapbooking.