Monday, August 31, 2009

First Halloween Card of the Year - PPA5 Challenge

This is my first Halloween card of the season. I couldn't seem to locate my Halloween stamps, so I was a little limited on my stamp choice, and ended up using a stamp set that I bought about 12 years ago. This is my submission for the Paper Pal Arts Challenge - PPA5. The challenge was for a Halloween theme. Here is the card that I came up with:

The card was made with Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, and Very Vanilla cardstock. The base of the card was made of Tangerine Tango, and was stamped with a Jumbo Background wheel with Tangerine Tango Ink. The ribbon is Tangerine Tango striped ribbon. I accented the card with three buttons/brads from the Pumpkin Pie corduroy brad set.

The image was stamped using black Stampin Pad. If you use the Stampin Pad, you need to let the image dry for an hour or so, to avoid the ink from running. If you don't have time to let the image dry, Stazon ink will work perfectly. The stamped pumpkins were colored with the aquapainter and Watercolor Wonder crayons. The aquapainter was almost dry to avoid pooling water on the image.

1 comment:

  1. Great use of the corduroy buttons.

    On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my site!!

I recently moved to Arizona a couple months ago, and am very happily settling into a new career. I was introduced to stamping over 10 years ago. I've always been into crafts, and picked back up with stamping a couple years ago. I love that I finally have the time to dedicate to my crafts, and that I'm able to share my ideas with everyone. I've seen myself grow in my creativity over the past couple years, and to those who say that they are not creative - don't believe it. Anyone can do this, and creativity doesn't happen overnight, it evolves as you learn more and more about the art of stamping. My husband is incredibly supportive as I put more time into my stamp designs and my scrapbooking.