Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mojo Monday Week 101

Back to stamping in full force again after dabbling in a bit of scrapbooking this past week. I'll post pictures of this later in the week. I'm so proud of my creation, and it's a springboard and experiment for an even better creation in the near future once I have purchased all of my supplies. Isn't that always the way - I have an idea but I have to buy mores supplies...I'm a hoarder and a lover of all things stamp related, I admit it.

Here is the challenge sketch for this weeks Mojo Monday challenge:
Here is my interpretation of it:

I got this stamp set when it was retiring in July with every intention to use it on my own wedding invitations. I got the stamp and realized it didn't really fit with my plans for a wedding invite. I bought the stamp so now I have to use it. When I saw this sketch, the stamp set popped out at me, and the elegant look of the DSP that I had made it look even better.

I used Bella Bleu DSP, with coordinating Brocade Blue and Very Vanilla cardstock. I accented the card with 5/8" inch Brocade Blue grosgrain ribbon topped with 1/4" Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon.

The stamped image is from the 'To Have & To Hold' Stamp set. I stamped the image on cardstock, and then cut the portion of the image that I wanted with the scallop punch. The image was too plain as is, so I used the Watercolor Wonder Crayons in Bashful Blue and my Aquapainter to subtly color in the flowers in the bouquet and the hair piece. I also painted lightly along the outline of her dress and his suit. I did not use the coordinating Brocade Blue because I wanted a lighter more subtle effect. When doing this, make sure that you Aquapainter brush is not full of water - the brush should be almost dry or you will get a blob of color on your flowers.

Finally, for the inside of the card, I used the same stamp set to stamp a frame on Very Vanilla cardstock and used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to center the sentiment in the middle of the frame. I was hesitant to buy the Stamp-a-ma-jig at first - just another thing to have lying around on my craft table, but it has become a staple for me and saved me from many frustrating moments when I can't get my sentiment straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my site!!

I recently moved to Arizona a couple months ago, and am very happily settling into a new career. I was introduced to stamping over 10 years ago. I've always been into crafts, and picked back up with stamping a couple years ago. I love that I finally have the time to dedicate to my crafts, and that I'm able to share my ideas with everyone. I've seen myself grow in my creativity over the past couple years, and to those who say that they are not creative - don't believe it. Anyone can do this, and creativity doesn't happen overnight, it evolves as you learn more and more about the art of stamping. My husband is incredibly supportive as I put more time into my stamp designs and my scrapbooking.