Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mojo Monday Turns 100 - Day 1

Here is my submission for day 1 of celebrating 100 for Mojo Monday. This is the design template that was used:

Based on this sketch, I made the following card:

The original image had a large scallop circle under the stamped image. Since I don't have a large scallop circle cutter, I had to improvise a bit. I had seen an image where the chef in the Voila stamp set was cut off at the middle, and I liked the different look that it gave, so I thought I would give it a try here.

The base of the card is Sahara Sand cardstock, accented by Brocade Blue cardstock. The images were stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock. The printed paper is Bella Bleu DSP.

To create the circle image behind the chef, I used the scallop punch, and cut 6 scallop circles and positioned them to create a circle.

The stamped images come from the Voila stamp set. I stamped the chef onto a piece of cardstock, then positioned the cake stamp using the Stamp a ma jig to center the cake on the platter. I cut out the portion of the chef image that I wanted for my card and used Brocade Blue, Not Quite Navy, and Gray markers to color in the chef and create some shading. Silver brads were used on the chef jacket in place of the black dots on the stamped image. The corners of the cardstock were rounded using the corner rounder, with one corner left square.

The Happy Birthday was stamped using Brocade Blue and adhered to a piece of cardstock cut using the Scallop punch. Holes were cut in the stamped image using the crop-a-dile, and jute twine was run through the holes and wrapped around the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my site!!

I recently moved to Arizona a couple months ago, and am very happily settling into a new career. I was introduced to stamping over 10 years ago. I've always been into crafts, and picked back up with stamping a couple years ago. I love that I finally have the time to dedicate to my crafts, and that I'm able to share my ideas with everyone. I've seen myself grow in my creativity over the past couple years, and to those who say that they are not creative - don't believe it. Anyone can do this, and creativity doesn't happen overnight, it evolves as you learn more and more about the art of stamping. My husband is incredibly supportive as I put more time into my stamp designs and my scrapbooking.