Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mojo Monday turns 100 - Day 3

Here is the template challenge for Wednesday (day 3) of Mojo Monday turns 100:
Here is my take on the card template:

I'm doing a monthly technique challenge, and I loved the technique so much, that I couldn't wait to do it again. I love the Kindred Spirits stamp set, but I'm always trying to think of a different way to use this stamp. I really like how this card came out - muted colors again, but I just can't seem to bring myself to use bright colors lately.

I used Not Quite Navy, Brocade Blue, and Very Vanilla cardstock, and Bella Bleu DSP. The scallop edge punch was used on the left side, and the 'Thinking of you' sentiment was cut with the curly label punch.

The stamped branch image is from the Kindred Spirits stamp set (retired), stamped with Not Quite Navy ink. To create the raised circle image:
-inked the stamp first on Versamark, and then on the Stampin' Pad.
-immediately stamp the image on cardstock
-sprinkle Glassy Glaze Enamel Stampin' Emboss Powder (Clear Emboss Powder will also work) over the image and make sure it is thoroughly coated
-use the heat tool to melt the Emboss powder
-use a circle punch to cut out the image, and line up the image on the larger image to match them up

I used the same raised image technique for the 'Thinking of you' sentiment.

The aged look on the stamped image was achieved by using a sponge dauber inked with Not Quite Navy.

The buttons were from retired designer buttons in a light blue.

1 comment:

Welcome to my site!!

I recently moved to Arizona a couple months ago, and am very happily settling into a new career. I was introduced to stamping over 10 years ago. I've always been into crafts, and picked back up with stamping a couple years ago. I love that I finally have the time to dedicate to my crafts, and that I'm able to share my ideas with everyone. I've seen myself grow in my creativity over the past couple years, and to those who say that they are not creative - don't believe it. Anyone can do this, and creativity doesn't happen overnight, it evolves as you learn more and more about the art of stamping. My husband is incredibly supportive as I put more time into my stamp designs and my scrapbooking.