Sunday, August 23, 2009

Final Mojo Monday Turns 100 Sketches

A little behind on the sketches for the week, but I just had to do the Friday and Saturday sketches.

Here is Fridays sketch:

Here is my take on the sketch.
This is sort of red, white, and blueish I admit. I've had this DSP for the past year, and I've liked it so well that I've hardly used it. Why buy it if I'm not going to use it, right? And...I can't buy more paper until I use what I already have. So enough procrastination on the paper usage. I made one other card with this paper today as well.

The circles were new for me today - this is a sketch that I haven't done anything remotely close to in the past.

This card used Ruby Red and Not Quite Navy paper, and retired DSP. The inked images were from the 'Trendy Trees' stamp set, and were stamped using the Stamp-a-ma-jig. What a great invention - it takes so little work now to line up the images for two steps stamping. I used the same paper colors for my ink. I topped this off with some beautiful white ribbon that I had in my stash.


And here is Saturdays sketch:

and my idea of this card:
I personally love this card. I'm so happy with how it came out, and only wish that this as well was not retired DSP - I'd like to make these as my holiday cards. I'll have to work out an alternate version of this card for my yearly cards.

This card used retired cardstock and DSP - Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red cardstock. I also used Red Riding Hood ribbon. The scallop's were cut using the scallop edge cutter. I used eyelets on the stamped image for a little something extra.

The stamp set I used is the same as a card earlier this week - 'It's Snow Time'. I used one of my new favorite techniques - watercoloring with the aquapainter and crayons. It creates such a nice look on the snowmen - better than a stark white, and just a hint of grayish blue. It's overall a light look that is not as stark as using cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my site!!

I recently moved to Arizona a couple months ago, and am very happily settling into a new career. I was introduced to stamping over 10 years ago. I've always been into crafts, and picked back up with stamping a couple years ago. I love that I finally have the time to dedicate to my crafts, and that I'm able to share my ideas with everyone. I've seen myself grow in my creativity over the past couple years, and to those who say that they are not creative - don't believe it. Anyone can do this, and creativity doesn't happen overnight, it evolves as you learn more and more about the art of stamping. My husband is incredibly supportive as I put more time into my stamp designs and my scrapbooking.