Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cinderella's Pink Shoes

This is part of the new shipment that I just got in. I've been dying to play with all of my new sets and paper, but I have such a limited amount of time. This is based on a sketch challenge, and it was such a simple sketch, but so much fun to use.I used Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, and Very Vanilla cardstock. The DSP used is from Thouroughly Modern.

The stamped image is from the Humor in High Heels stamp set. I stamped the shoe image in black, and the sentiment in Bermuda Bay. To color in the shoes, I used the Melon Mambo marker to color in the dark part of the shoes. To better blend the ink, I then used my Aquapainter to blend the marker ink a bit (my melon mambo ink pad is backordered and has yet to arrive - otherwise the ink pad would have been a good option as well to ink your aquapainter). The inside of the shoes and bow were painted with the Watercolor Wonder Crayons and Aquapainter in Cameo Coral.

I wanted to use the clear button, but couldn't figure out how. I decided to use my Big Shot to cut a flower out of the DSP, made holes for the hemp twine that lined up with the clear button, and tied the flower to the Very Vanilla ribbon.

I'm not a corner rounder person, but I like how it came out on this card. To add a little variation, I left one corner pointed on the piece of background paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my site!!

I recently moved to Arizona a couple months ago, and am very happily settling into a new career. I was introduced to stamping over 10 years ago. I've always been into crafts, and picked back up with stamping a couple years ago. I love that I finally have the time to dedicate to my crafts, and that I'm able to share my ideas with everyone. I've seen myself grow in my creativity over the past couple years, and to those who say that they are not creative - don't believe it. Anyone can do this, and creativity doesn't happen overnight, it evolves as you learn more and more about the art of stamping. My husband is incredibly supportive as I put more time into my stamp designs and my scrapbooking.