Saturday, September 12, 2009

Inspiration

I was searching around on blogs this morning, and checked out Dawn McVey's blog. She always has great ideas, and that was certainly the case today. I had an initial plan for stamping today, but after visiting her website, I came up with a whole new idea. Here are a couple of the cards I made today, all based on her blog from today.

I had used several background stamps to create the varied backgrounds. I used most of the paper for Christmas cards, but loved the color combination so much that I wanted to do something beyond Christmas. This is a fun and simple birthday card. The sentiment is from the 'On Your Birthday' stamp set. Made two versions of this card - the first version I accidentally put a staple through the back of the card!!

This is one of 5 Christmas cards that i made today with this paper. The greens are very traditional Christmas colors, but I love throwing the pink color in there (Cameo Coral). The top paper was actually made with the Circle Circus stamps. I couldn't have done this without the Stamp-a-ma-jig. It came in handy when trying to match up these images. I've been saving this ribbon from last years catalog because I love it so much. I used it a bunch today, so it's almost gone unfortunately.

This is my favorite card from today. I love the background stamp on the top (from the Park Avenue Patterns stamp set). On the bottom, I've been getting bored with just the plain scallop edge punch, so I decided to change it up a bit. After using the scallop edge, I then took the small punch on the crop-a-dile and made a hole above each scallop. This has taken the same punch and made it look like two different punches...I'm liking it!! The tag was from one of the current SU Hostess sets - looks fabulous stamped with Sage Shadow Ink on Certainly Celery cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my site!!

I recently moved to Arizona a couple months ago, and am very happily settling into a new career. I was introduced to stamping over 10 years ago. I've always been into crafts, and picked back up with stamping a couple years ago. I love that I finally have the time to dedicate to my crafts, and that I'm able to share my ideas with everyone. I've seen myself grow in my creativity over the past couple years, and to those who say that they are not creative - don't believe it. Anyone can do this, and creativity doesn't happen overnight, it evolves as you learn more and more about the art of stamping. My husband is incredibly supportive as I put more time into my stamp designs and my scrapbooking.