Sunday, September 13, 2009

Frosty the Snowman

Today is a day for challenges on my blog. I have several different cards that I've made for challenges. This first card was for Weekend Sketch Challenge #97 on Beate's blog. Here was my interpretation for the sketch:

I like the simplicity of this card, with the more complex stamped image. This card was so easy to make, easy to color in since the image is more of a sketch versus distinct lines. This may be the basis for a card for an upcoming stamp-a-stack.

The stamp set was from the Jolliest Time of the Year stamp set. It was inked on Very Vanilla cardstock, and colored in with the Aquapainter and Watercolor Wonder Crayons. The snowflakes on the bottom were stamped with Sahara Sand, Bordering Blue, and Close to Cocoa ink. The snowflakes were from a variety of stamp sets, to give a bit of variation. The base of the card was Kraft cardstock, with the large circle cut of out of Sahara Sand cardstock. I used some of the same ribbon from yesterday, as I love the look it adds to the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my site!!

I recently moved to Arizona a couple months ago, and am very happily settling into a new career. I was introduced to stamping over 10 years ago. I've always been into crafts, and picked back up with stamping a couple years ago. I love that I finally have the time to dedicate to my crafts, and that I'm able to share my ideas with everyone. I've seen myself grow in my creativity over the past couple years, and to those who say that they are not creative - don't believe it. Anyone can do this, and creativity doesn't happen overnight, it evolves as you learn more and more about the art of stamping. My husband is incredibly supportive as I put more time into my stamp designs and my scrapbooking.