Monday, September 21, 2009

SCS FS137 Challenge

Trying a few new challenges, and did I have fun today or what. This was my card for Featured Stamper 137 over on Splitcoast Stampers.

This card was based on a card from Tankgrl,and I kept the design components of the card, but changed the color scheme, a couple of the brads, and the sentiment.

The DSP and ribbon on this card are all from retired products, but the image is from the On Your Birthday stamp set. The image was stamped with Crushed Curry and Basic Black, and I used the Crushed Curry ink to edge the sentiment.


Tips from this card:
-Use something besides adhesive on your card. Stampin' dimensionals add some height and dimension to your card to create a more interesting card. Dimensionals were used on this card to adhere the sentiment to the card
-To take a plain piece of paper a step up, use your Stampin' ink pads to edge your paper. You can do a light edging to separate the paper from your card base, or a heavier edging that will clearly show up on your card.

---------------------------------------------
I used the following product on this card (all product Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: On Your Birthday stamp set (111664)
Paper: Soft Suede Cardstock (115318), Kraft Cardstock (102125), Very Vanilla Cardstock (101650), Retired Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper
Ink:Crushed Curry Stampin' pad (115659) Crushed Curry Stampin' Write Marker (sold as a set of six in color markers - 116329), Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker (100082), Close to Cocoa Stampin' Write Marker (100072)
Accessories: Vintage brads (109109), Flower Assortment Designer Brads (112583)3/16" Corner Rounder (109047), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), retired Stampin' Up! Ribbon Originals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my site!!

I recently moved to Arizona a couple months ago, and am very happily settling into a new career. I was introduced to stamping over 10 years ago. I've always been into crafts, and picked back up with stamping a couple years ago. I love that I finally have the time to dedicate to my crafts, and that I'm able to share my ideas with everyone. I've seen myself grow in my creativity over the past couple years, and to those who say that they are not creative - don't believe it. Anyone can do this, and creativity doesn't happen overnight, it evolves as you learn more and more about the art of stamping. My husband is incredibly supportive as I put more time into my stamp designs and my scrapbooking.