Tuesday, September 8, 2009

PPA6 Challenge

This was a tough challenge for me - these are not colors that I would normally combine together. Thanks to this challenge, I jumped a bit out of my comfort zone.
The color challenge was for Brocade Blue, Crushed Curry, and Ruby Red. I started out with the Gallery stamp set in Ruby Red on Whisper White cardstock, and then trimming around the edge. In the center, I framed an image from the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set, stamped in Crushed Curry. I cut photo corners out for the upper left corner. On the bottom of the card, I pulled my sewing machine out and stitched a couple lines. On each end, I put buttons from the Playground Designer Buttons, tied with hemp twine.

1 comment:

  1. I love your card, Kelly! Great job with the challenge colors, too! Love the buttons tied with the hemp twine! Thanks for playing along at PPA! I hope you'll join us this Thursday for the next sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my site!!

I recently moved to Arizona a couple months ago, and am very happily settling into a new career. I was introduced to stamping over 10 years ago. I've always been into crafts, and picked back up with stamping a couple years ago. I love that I finally have the time to dedicate to my crafts, and that I'm able to share my ideas with everyone. I've seen myself grow in my creativity over the past couple years, and to those who say that they are not creative - don't believe it. Anyone can do this, and creativity doesn't happen overnight, it evolves as you learn more and more about the art of stamping. My husband is incredibly supportive as I put more time into my stamp designs and my scrapbooking.